Monday, May 19, 2008

Here's A Tip

Here's a tip for taxi drivers in the 5 boroughs for wheedling out more of my hard earned cash for your tip:

1. Don't SCREAM at me the following words: "IF YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO USE THE CREDIT CARD MACHINE, JUST GIVE ME CASH."

and for the first time in my life i did NOT tip the driver. and I yelled back. AND i slammed the car door. (i know, i know--i've committed a plethora of southern sins in a span of 3 minutes)

2. Don't get pissy with me because i just screamed STOP! because your radio is BLARING and you can't hear the directions/address that I just gave you and you first missed the road that directly gets us there, and then missed my house because you couldn't hear me say stop the first 15 times and it's 10pm and we're now headed into the projects, where the police don't even venture after dark. and yes, he did get a small tip, but only because he knows where I live...

apparently Sunday--regardless of the time or borough--was NOT the day to take a taxi! grrr...

No comments: